First steps. Register, verify and order SOL Card
SOL is a better account for anyone in South African. It’s the easiest way to pay and get paid, to spend, send or save your money. It’s a mobile app with the payment card. No paperwork, no calls, no queues, no branch visits. Get your card online, with nationwide courier delivery. And we support you 24/7. Online. Right in the app chat in your pocket.
To start enjoying SOL Wallet, you have to:
- Download the SOL mobile app:
- - Android: download here
- - iOS: download here
- Register with your phone number. Use the international format like +27601112233.
- Verify your identity online - go to app’s Settings and choose Identity Verification. Please prepare your valid passport (foreign passport allowed) or SA ID card - that`s all you need to get SOL Card. The app will guide you through the steps, and will help to capture the photos of your document and your face with document. Our onboarding team will receive your submission and will process it - usually within 1 business day. Watch out for the app notification and in-app Chat for the feedback.
- Order your SOL Card. Select the delivery method, enter the address or choose the pickup agent. Make sure you are aware of the SOL fees.
- Pay the card activation fee. You can do it by:
- EFT transfer directly into your SOL account
- Receive transfer from another SOL user or SOL agent if you give them cash
- Or check all available topup methods here.