Because of the FICA Act and the Banks Act, we have to verify your identity before you can access all the nice features we have. But it’s easy and takes you less than 2 minutes to get verified!
- prepare your passport (South African or foreign), or South African ID card
- open SOL Wallet mobile app
- go to Settings, tap “Identity Verification” and follow the instructions
And it`s enough to get your SOL Card, receive and spend your salary!
It will take us no more than 1 business days to verify your submission. We will inform you about the results via SOL Chat - make sure you have the SOL app notifications turned on in Settings.
How to upgrade the account to access BTC and higher limits?
- prepare a valid and recent proof of address in your name (see the list of accepted proofs below)
- go to Settings, tap "Upgrade account" and follow the instructions
- .. or send your document to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your phone number into the message.
We do not accept screenshots, you will need your original PDF or scanned document.
Acceptable proofs of address:
Not older than three months
- Utilities Account, e.g. rates, taxes, water etc.
- Telephone Account e.g Telkom
- Bank statement from a bank posted
- Retail accounts
- Affidavit from the individuals spouse or employer confirming the residential address
- Mortgage Statement
- Site visit by MacRobert Employee
- TV License
- Rental / Lease Agreement
- Motor Vehicle License documentation
- SARS document used for tax purposes
- Body Corporate / Share Block Association correspondence
- Insurance Policy